A wise man once said, “success is a frame of mind.”
Have you ever felt like you are uniquely suited for success? Well, you might be right, and you’re not being arrogant for feeling this way. Mentality plays a huge part in success, but so do many other things. If you are currently noticing any of the following signs within yourself, you are likely on the right track for success.
- You are innovative. If you are are someone who naturally looks for problems, and then finds a solution, you can easily succeed in many career paths. Being open to change and creative in finding new solutions is a key indicator of successful thinking.
- You know what you want. This is a big one, and we aren’t just talking about your career. People who ask “where do I want to be in life?” are often more successful than those who only ponder and understand the job they are trying to land. There is more to success than a job title, which is ironic, because people with those fancy job titles are more likely to understand this.
- You are one to play on your own strengths. If this describes you, you are definitely on the right track. In fact, if this describes you, it might also seem strange to you, but so many people out there are trying to achieve what others tell them to and don’t act in accordance with their personal strengths. This is often to their own detriment, as successful people know what they are good at and try to stick with a game they know how to play well.
- You don’t freak out when you fail. People who understand that failure and the feelings that come from it are just growing pains are significantly more likely to be successful. Besides, refusing to fail simply implies never learning anything and never growing as a person.
- You’re nice. This is a tricky one, as everyone is the hero of their own story. If you are genuinely kind to everyone, regardless of whether they are your superior or not, you likely have more of a penchant for networking than you previously realized. Those who are not successful are often only kind when their kindness comes with strings attached, and most people can smell that a mile away.
- You have a beginner’s mind. This idea was described by Steve Jobs as a process by which you always see the world anew.