Mornings can be rough if you have a 9-5 job and a few kids to take care of, which is why planning ahead is key.
Most people are more focused in the later hours of the day than they are in the mornings. Even if you’re tired in the evening, it’s easier to wake up and have most of your duties covered instead of having to scramble to take care of a dozen different things.
Most of these problems have more to do with routine than anything else. Try embracing some of these habits in order to be better prepared and more relaxed when you wake up:
- Keep and check a schedule. While this sounds so simple, it certainly is one trick that can work wonders for your daily life. If you aren’t scheduling, it’s predictable that you will eventually end up scrambling and budgeting your time. When each time of day has certain tasks associated with it, it’s simply easier to get things done.
- Set your coffee pot on a timer. This way your coffee can be ready when you wake up so that you can live without one more task to worry about in the morning.
- Pick out your clothes in advance. If you take your clothes out and leave them in a neat space during the evening, you’ll have another task finished before you even wake up.
- Following the mentality behind step three, pack your work bag in the evening so that you have even less to worry about in the morning.
- Preparing the next day’s lunch in the evening is one of the best ways to clear up time in the morning. You will also have more time in the evening, which will allow you to be more selective about the food you eat.
In the end, you’ll likely find that you sleep better when you have most of your worries dealt with already.