Advice from a millionaire sounds extremely beneficial, and advice from 1,200 different millionaires sounds life changing. Steve Siebold interviewed just over one thousand different millionaires, like himself, to see just what it was that they would advise someone to do if they were hoping to become successful in their career as well as life. These different tips come from Siebold’s book, “Secrets Self-Made Millionaires Teach Their Kids.” Here are the top five most beneficial tips he learned while writing the book:
1. Watch Wall Street and Main Street: Thinking about the big picture and thinking about the local picture as equally important.
2. Avoid ‘microwave thinking’: Don’t expect instantaneous results and don’t give up when you don’t get them immediately. Be willing to work, and work hard, for what you want.
3. Play ‘rich’ sports: Like they always say, most business gets done on the golf course. Be willing to pick up different social sports where top businessman and execs can be found.
4. Write vision letters: Give yourself the feeling of accomplishing your goals, much like visualization, to help keep you motivated towards your dream.
5. Take a laugh-filled path: Don’t take life, or yourself, too seriously and make sure you enjoy the fulfilling moments as much as you can.