Follow These Steps & the Job is Yours!
Follow these basic guidelines to ace an interview and let your true self shine through. These are also good professional guidelines, for, say, being a good person!
Make sure you check everyone of these off your interview preparation list and you’ll be confident and ready.
- Don’t be late – Showing up late makes a bad first impression and says that getting the job isn’t that important to you.
- Know the company – In the age of Google, there’s no excuse to go to an interview without having done a little background research.
- Don’t bad mouth your previous employers – Talking bad about past bosses makes them wonder how you’ll be talking about them
- Don’t be too honest – We all know the “what’s your biggest weakness” question is coming, so there’s no reason not to have a good answer prepare beforehand.
- Wear a suit – Make a good first impression by studying what their company culture is and replicating it for your interview.
- Don’t brad about anything irrelevant – Yes, who doesn’t love the odd talent on your resume, but keep it as a footnote, not a main topic.
- Ask questions, but not stupid ones – Future employers like to see that you can ask intelligent, thoughtful questions… just don’t ask about sick leave in the interview.
- Don’t turn up drunk or hungover – Come on. Don’t be that person. Stay in the night before and get plenty of rest before a big interview.
- Don’t look at your phone mid-interview – We can’t believe this, but people actually do this all the time. It’s pretty simple. Don’t.
With these tips there will be smooth sailing to a future high-earning job in no time.