If it feels like you’re completely burnt out at work, we have some more advice for you.
It’s normal to feel sluggish after working at the same office for a long time, so here are some great ways to get that pep back so you feel energized for work.
- Choosing the right snacks can have a huge impact on your health, happiness, weight, and work ethic. Dietitians recommend you get a good mix of carbs and protein so you have more energy for your workday. You are what you eat, so if you eat mainly junk, it follows that you’ll start to feel like junk at the office. Carbs and proteins are filling and will make you feel more energetic. Some easy ways to do this include adding nuts to a meal like yogurt, which is a great life hack that’ll sneak more protein into an otherwise light or lacking workplace diet.
- Sunlight is very good for you. The light you’re exposed to in most office spaces simply doesn’t match up with sunlight. If you have any extra break time, taking a walk in the sun is a natural way to energize yourself.
- Drink more water. This is a piece of advice given for a great many things, but there’s a reason for that. Drinking more water throughout your work day will help you stay energized and more focused. It’s also better for your health overall to not allow yourself to get dehydrated. It’s also a great idea to drink more water when you wake up, as it’ll kick start your day when it comes to energy.
- Tackling stress is an important task for you if you find yourself lacking energy. You can do this by talking to someone you trust in your personal life, or to a therapist. While it still sounds silly to some, stress is no joke at all and too much of it will inevitably effect your work performance and energy.
- Taking the stairs may not sound energizing, but it will boost your energy levels if your job forces you to be seated most of the time.